Monday, January 27, 2014

Under the Weather


     So I've not been feeling up to par these last few weeks, cold season ya know. And here in the great state of Alabama, where the weather can (and will) change at the drop of a hat, there are lots of colds going around. The constant climate change is dealing me, and everyone else prone to sinus issues, absolute fits.
    
     This has also been accompanied by loss of voice... I think this is the kicker. Anyone who knows me, knows I do so enjoy conversing. Not a Chatty Cathy by any means, but neither am I a quiet mouse. And when your Customer Service job requires that you are on the phone from 8:00 to 4:30 everyday, well, it's just a very bad combination.
    
A few things are helping me survive this bout of illness:
  • Ricola Cough Drops. Whoever invented these should have blessings heaped upon their head... and their children's head. And also of their children's children. People, these drops are good. I mean GOOD. I even keep a stash (ok, hoard) with me and eat them when I'm not ill.
  • Coffee. They say to drink plenty of liquids when you are sick, and while quite sure they didn't intend on it being a cup of good hot java... There's something to be said for that hot black liquid pouring down your irritated throat.
  • Hot Chocolate. For the same reasons explained above... But this is Chocolate. 'Nuff said.
  • Goody's Powders. Headaches, they come with the territory. And if Goody's can't take that pain out, you're up the creek.
"Why don't you go to the Dr?", you might ask. Well even the thought sends me into panic. The thought is abhorrent. I like doctors even less than the drugs they prescribe. BUT if this illness doesnt let up soon and very soon, that may just be where this poor girl is headed. Pray for me y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment